Learn about wildflowers and enjoy the spring season at Red River Gorge with the Kentucky Native Plant Society’s Wildflower Weekend April 13-14 at Natural Bridge State Resort Park.
The annual event includes hikes at the state park and in Red River Gorge on Friday and Saturday. Admission is $10 for adults, $3 for ages 13-17. Ages 12 and under are free. More information is available at www.knps.org.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park at Slade has a lodge, cottages and restaurant.
There are several other wildflower opportunities at Kentucky State Parks during April and May. They include:
- Second Saturday Hike on wildflowers at Lake Barkley State Resort Park near Cadiz on April 14 starting at 10 a.m.
- Spring Wildflowers and Wild Edibles Hike at Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park at Calvert City on April 14 at 10:30 a.m.
- Wildflower Extravaganza at John James Audubon State Park in Henderson on April 14. Hikes start at 9 a.m.
- Wildflower Pilgrimage at Carter Caves State Resort Park at Olive Hill on April 21.
- Wildflower Hikes at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park near Dawson Springs on April 7 and May 3 at 10 a.m.
- Wild Wonderful Wildflower Hikes at Pine Mountain State Resort Park at Pineville on April 21 starting at 9 a.m.
For more information about these wildflower events, visit http://parks.ky.gov/wildflowers.aspx. For more information about Kentucky State Parks, including lodging and camping reservations, visit www.parks.ky.gov.